OmniBOLT development summary
OmniBOLT is an in-progress specification, based on the fundamental theory of Lightning network, describing how to enable OmniLayer assets to be transferred via ligtning channels, and how will OmniLayer assets benefit from the novelquick payment theory. We propose this OmniLayer specific protocol to expand the horizons of the basic theory, to support wider perspective of assets.
The OmniBOLT Daemon (OBD) is a golang implementation of the specification. It runs as an independent process connecting to a full node of OmniCore(version 0.18), which provides the complete services of token transactions on bitcoin network. And current OBD implementation is deeply binded to OmniCore.
Also in currently being released is a set of API that enables light clients to communicate with OBD network. It is an easy way for our community to develop lightning applications.
Since its development in July 2019, OBD has completed the following features:
- Create Poon_Dryja channel (currently supports one-way deposit, same to LND).
- Support BTC and Omni assets in funding and closing a channel.
- Implementation of RSMC (Revocable Sequence Maturity Contract), including construction of commitment transaction, breach remedy transaction and revocable delivery transactions.
- Implementation of HTLC(Hashed TimeLock Contract), including construction of commitment transaction, HED1(HTLC Execution Delivery), HT1(HTLC Timeout), HBR1(HTLC Breach Remedy), HTRD1(HTLC Timeout Revocable Delivery), HTBR(HTLC Timeout Breach Remedy) transactions.
- Close of HTLC.
- Transfer tokens forward and backward within a channel using RSMC, and among multiple channels by HTLC.
- Utility functions used in querying balances, exploring transactions, and surveiling broadcast of transactions.
- Execution of penalty of malicious players.
- Online API documents for our community: https://api.omnilab.online/
The following tasks are in our working pipeline :
- Work in parallel with Omnicore team, who are developing new interfaces supporting SegWit in Omni transactions. We currently use some tricks to circumvent this part of work, in order to firstly proof the concept. It works but not secure enough. After the new features of omnicore are ready, we will change our code base to the new omnicore.
- Larger scale tests of HTLC.
- Try to connect OBD to the LND network. At least we hope we can connect to the existing onion network.
- Integrate wallet functions in OBD.
- Development of the OBD client Demo App, integrating the OBD function into the Omni Wallet.
Omni Wallet v2.0 new version development summary
The version 2.0 adopts new UI and UE according to the design of Nate’s team, and uses the v1.0 version of thehierarchical deterministic mechanism to implement decentralized asset management.
Since its development in October 2019, the following functional points have been completed:
- 90% of the new pages in Flutter,
- Has been done the preliminary tests of API interface integration.
Next stage we have to:
- Fill real data to mobile pages by connecting to our backend system, release a wallet with complete functions.
- Connect to official Omniwallet API.